Friday, April 1, 2011

Anza Borrego to Pasadena


I don't know how I managed to miss posting on the blog during my stay in Anza Borrego, California's largest state park.  Here are some photos from those good times there.  I was there before and after Carlsbad and just before Altadena/Pasadena.

Rainbows in the Desert

Camping in the Anza Borrego Desert Park outside Borrego Springs.

Magic takes a snooze at the Vern Whitaker Horse Camp

Midnight wears a blanket after his bath.

Chow time!


Sleep Magic

Time for a shave!
Nobody shaves when camping though do they?

You don't see the bottom of a horse's hooves too often.
They have all been barefoot now for awhile.
Almost time for a trim and new Eponashoes!

Food is sparse in the desert isn't it Maggie?

Friendly folks along the trail....

Another horsewoman relaxing in her trailer.

I want to have a sailplane ride in this beautiful place!
Warner meadows, on the way to Pasadena.

What a beautiful, magical place.
Full spring bloom.

I had to stop at this place in the middle of nowhere.
No, they do not sell medical marijuana.  Yet.


This nice girl, Catherine, sells cigarettes through a window.


Another nice place to ride someday.
On the highway south of Banning.

California Horse Camping

All of a sudden, driving condition deteriorate.

Beautiful views from this highway...
























2 comments:

  1. amazing pictures trish!! so glad you're getting to see the country this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess - I feel very blessed in every moment! Best decision I ever made - to follow my dreams and my passion.

    ReplyDelete